Wednesday 13 April 2011

I Believe in Signs

A couple of months ago my beloved nonno passed away.

The week after he passed I came across two gorgeous items that left me with a powerful impression of his presence and bought a tear to my eye as I recalled the memories I had of him.

I found this barrel at a vintage market:



My Nonno was an avid wine maker. His wine was potent enough to fuel a car yet was delicious. Very surprisingly it not leave any ill effects afterwards. I have two bottles of his lovely wine that I cannot, as yet, bear to drink.

These espresso cups and sugar bowl I found at an op-shop:


I always enjoying having an espresso with my Nonno. The unusual pattern and the combination of metal and ceramic also caught my eye. When I turned them over to look for a price I discovered the saucers, the decorative handles, and the lid of the sugar bowl are Stirling Silver! And that they were made in Italy. Oh and by the way, the set of six plus the matching bowl was a measly $15! For Stirling Silver!

Think what you may but I like to think that these gorgeous things were a sign from him to let me know he is ok and finally at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment